UVA CS Advising Guide
Site Last Updated: Wednesday, May 31, 2023
Information for Fall 2023
Welcome Incoming First-Years! Summer Orientation Information:
Welcome new Hoos! Interested in CS? Please see our page on Information for Summer Orientation 2023 to get answers to questions like what CS course you could/should take, what courses may have openings, and general advice.
Additional Courses Will Be Added or Instructors Changed:
- Seven new faculty will be joining the CS department this fall (with three more joining in 2024)! New courses will be added to the over the coming months. We will post information about these courses as soon as we can. Questions can be directed to Prof. Sherriff.
Announced New Courses:
- An additional section of CS 4710: AI has been added. We will first offer seats to students on the wait list for the current section of CS 4710 before opening to all.
Old Curriculum Transition:
- Fall 2023 will be the final semester we offer CS 4414: Operating Systems in its “old curriculum” form. The course will be locked to ONLY 4th year BSCS and CPE majors. If you need to take this course, please make sure to sign up for it on time!
- Students on the old curriculum who have not completed the core courses up through CS 3330 by the start of the Fall 2023 semester should email their advisor and the appropriate program director - firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com - with your situation.
Physics 2 Replacement:
- Prof. Keith Williams has created a new course that has been approved to count in place of PHYS 2415/2419 - ECE 2200: Applied Physics (Credits: 4). Taking this course will fully satisfy the Physics 2 requirement.
The information contained on this website is for informational purposes only. The Undergraduate Record and Graduate Record represent the official repository for academic program requirements. These publications may be found here.