The information on this page is intended for students who newly declared the CS minor starting in the fall of 2021. Students who declared before this time (or have previously taken CS 2110) should see the information for the old curriculum.
CS Minor Requirements
The Computer Science minor requires credit for six CS courses as described below. Any undergraduate student in the university who has completed CS 2100 with a C- or better can apply for the minor.
To obtain a minor in computer science, a student must complete the following requirements:
- CS 1110/1111/1112/1113 - Introduction to Programming (Credits: 3)
- CS 2100 - Data Structures and Algorithms 1 (Credits: 3)
- CS 2120 - Discrete Mathematics and Theory 1 (Credits: 3)
- CS 2130 - Computer Systems and Organization 1 (Credits: 4)
- CS 3140 - Software Development Essentials (Credits: 3)
- One additional CS course numbered 3000 or higher
Students with a computer science or computer engineering major are ineligible for the CS minor.
Any student who completes all of the requirements for a minor in Computer Science before graduation will be awarded the minor if they submit the minor request form at the beginning of their graduation semester.
Declaring the CS Minor
The CS Minor is a SEAS minor, even for students who are not in SEAS. Thus, any student applying for the minor must use the SEAS Minor Declaration form. Complete the form and email it to email@example.com.